Illinois Credit Card Processing Experts at Century Payments Help Your Business
Many people know they need credit card processors in Illinois, but few understand how credit card processing actually works. What seems like a simple card transaction actually sparks a series of events behind the scenes. Century Payments is the middle man – the one connecting your customer’s bank to your merchant bank.
To learn more about Century Payments, call us today or select your Illinois city from the list below.
|Quad City Airport||Quarry|
Century Payments makes credit card processing and easy process
When your customers swipe their credit or debit cards, the following occurs:
- A transaction begins when the credit card number and transaction information is entered into the merchant's transaction processing system (a card terminal, computer or website).
- The information is then forwarded to the credit card processors. This is when Century Payments sends a request for authorization to secure funds from the customer’s account in the amount of the transaction.
- Credit card processors then link with the credit card companies to transmit the authorize request to the issuing bank.
- The issuing bank verifies the customer’s card number and checks that enough money is available to complete the transaction, or that the amount doesn’t fall above the customer’s credit limit.
- Once the customer is approved, the processor sends an authorize message to the merchant. The transaction can now be completed.
- At the end of the day, the merchant sends the “batches” of transaction information to collect the funds and deposit them into the merchant’s bank account.
This entire process takes only a matter of seconds. With Century Payments, we’ll take care of it all so you can focus on your customers and making money. Call today to get started.